Saturday, March 10, 2012

Acupuncture

Back pain runs in my family. For me to go a few months without pain is pretty miraculous, but I went 3 years after my first encounter with a Chinese doctor of acupuncture. Check her out here!
 What is acupuncture? Taken from her website:
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine needles into specific points of the body. The insertion and placement of these needles change the energy currents and patterns (Qi) in the body in beneficial ways. This ancient art of healing, along with herbal treatments, nutrition, and exercise, works with the natural vital energies of the body to promote its self-healing ability.  The proper use of acupuncture and herbs will bring the body’s Qi into proper balance.

I went back 2 weeks ago because I was feelin some not so fun things in my back again, and she has once again done amazing things! She can take my pulse and look at my tongue and tell me what my needs are, how cool is that! I love going to someone and have them tell me how to heal and prevent future problems instead of being slapped with a scrip to treat the symptoms.

For back pain we have also done massage therapy and chiropractic work with success. But did you know Acupuncture can also help with infertility, PMS, depression, anxiety, stress, allergies (seasonal AND food), high blood pressure, lupus, ulcers, asthma, colds/flu, diabetes, and so much more! See here for a list.

Have you ever been to an acupuncturist? What did you think?

No comments: