Sunday, February 12, 2012

Immunity Booster

I thought I had already written about this, but here are a few more ideas for natural remedies that we have used successfully:
-Garlic-still my fav for nipping it quick! The earlier in your sickness you take it (the first hint of a sore throat, etc.) the better! We have put it in mashed potatoes, but you can also crush and diced it fine, mix with butter and spread on a piece of bread. Mmmmm! The longer you wait, the more you'll have to take, as I've learned the hard way.
-mix grapefruit seed extract and elderberry powder into flavored kefir for immunity boost
-the immunity tea that I talked about in an earlier post is absolutely wonderful on a sore throat. Both my hubby and I loved it!
-water water water!! The kids have come home from school a few times with headaches, etc. It was because of dehydration. After drinking 2 cups of water they felt much better. Water will really help spread the good stuff around your body and clean the bad stuff out. Isn't it cool how efficient our bodies are???

No comments: