Monday, July 18, 2011

Whole Wheat Pancakes w/ Homemade Peach Syrup

I don't buy syrup from the store anymore unless it's Grade B Maple Syrup. The kids loooooove homemade fruit syrups, though, and since we bought a bushel of fresh peaches from our bulk food's distributor, we had a lot of peaches to eat. So, we had these babies for breakfast one morning and they were quite filling.
Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes
1 1/2 c almond milk
1 c uncooked wheat berries
Blend at speed 9 for the full cycle

Add 2 T coconut oil
2 eggs
2 T sucanut
1 T baking powder
1/2 t sea salt
Pulse 5-7 times, and then let rest for 5 minutes while the griddle heats up. Cook pancakes as usual, and serve. 

This recipe makes enough for me and my 4 children for breakfast. If you family is bigger or if you want leftovers to freeze, make 2 batches of batter.

Homemade Peach Syrup
3 c peaches, peeled and pitted
1/2 c sucanut
a smidgen of lemon juice

Press the soups button and run the cycle twice for hot nummy syrup.

2 comments:

bethanyp said...

I really wish I could invite myself to your house for breakfast. Scrumptious!

Jessie said...

You're making me hungry and all drooly.