Thursday, August 22, 2013

Quinoa and Veggies

If you want the quickest of quick meals, this is for you! I just got back from a Momcation and my adorable best friend opened the doors of many possibilities, so many of the following recipes are attributed to her. Thanks, Jessie! xo!

This is quick, delicious, and you can totally be creative with it. A few ideas are listed below.

Quinoa and Veggies
Quick quinoa and rice mix (or make your own and freeze for crazy-busy nights!) I got the Seeds of Change one from Costco. It's expensive, so I think I'll make my own from now on!
Frozen veggies (Costco)
*Sauce (raw honey, coconut oil, ginger, tamari)
raw sesame seeds

Extra things: mandarin oranges, drained, slivered almonds, pineapple, cooked chicken or beef, etc, shredded coconut

Sauce options: clove of garlic, pineapple or orange juice, lime juice, shredded coconut
*My family is big so I did about 2/3 c raw honey, 1/3 c coconut oil, 1/3 c tamari, 1/2 inch ginger, cut into pieces

Blend sauce ingredients in blender...to desired taste and thickness...until smooth. Put quinoa/rice mix in large pan on medium head. Thaw your veggie in microwave and add to pan (or just add straight to the pan). Warm all and add your sauce. Mix well and sprinkle with sesame seeds. If you are adding fruit, add this last and gently stir, or just leave on top and let it warm slightly.

No comments: