Monday, July 18, 2011

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Do you see these???? Oh my heaven. Ohhhhh myyyyyyy heavennnnnnn!!!! They are well worth the effort. I'm not a huge carrot cake fan, but I'm tellin ya, I had a hard time staying away from these!! These come from GSG's Holiday Cookbook.

Carrot Cake Cupcakes
3 eggs
3/4 c plain kefir
1/2 c coconut oil
1/3 c mashed banana
1 c sucanut
3/4 c raw honey
2 t vanilla
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg (my variation)
1/4 t sea salt
2 c Kamut flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder (aluminum free)
3 c finely shredded carrots
1 c crushed pineapple with juice
1 c shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 c raisins
chopped walnuts if desired

Preheat oven to 350. Blend the eggs with the Sucanut and honey. Add the oil, kefir, mashed banana and vanilla and blend again. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add the carrot, pineapple, raisins, coconut and opt nuts. Drop batter by 1/4 cup into greased muffins tins or muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Top with the following icing, if you want.

Coconut Cream Icing
1/2 c coconut oil
1 c powdered Sucanut (you can run it in your blender to powder it)
3/4 c shredded unsweetened coconut
1 t vanilla

Blend oil, Sucanut and vanilla in your high powered blender, then stir in coconut. Spread on cupcakes and let it set up.

2 comments:

bethanyp said...

Those look so much better than the carrot muffins I made the other day. Again, with the lack of "good" ingredients readily available to me and no high power blender, I must sit back and drool at all your amazing-ness, Becky! Thanks for sharing.

Jessie said...

Oh my yummy tummy. Just so ya know, you can keep cookin all this delicious food when I come into town.. You don't have to stop on my account.. LOL!