Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2 Minute Cherry Ice Cream

My husband was so sweet to go to Whole Foods last Friday to get me organic cherries that were on sale for $2.99/lb! But....um....he got about 18 pounds. I was shocked and a little panicky for a few minutes. We sold about 5 pounds, and then I thought, "Duh! I can seed these and freeze them!" Has anyone ever bought organic cherries before at full price? Yeah, super expensive. $2.99/lb is amazing! So, we got a cherry pitter tool thingee and I pitted the rest of our cherries this morning and threw them in the freezer. 

For our Sunday night treat, we made this nummy ice cream in our BlendTec, and it was so scrumptious:

5-6 oz almond milk
2-3 oz raw agave nectar
1/8 cup powdered milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-4 in vanilla bean pod (opt)
10 pitted bing cherries
4 cups ice

Combine ingredients in the order given and press the ice cream button on your BlendTec. Enjoy!

1 comment:

bethanyp said...

Awwww, I'm salivating! That looks so good! Someday.... (sigh) I'm so jealous of your BlendTec.