Thursday, October 27, 2011

Healthy Alternatives For Great Immunity

I came across an article with ideas for great immunity, which many of you are very interested in this time of year! I have chosen to not do flu vaccines this year for me or my children. I believe that we can fight off any illness by properly caring for our bodies. I also believe that much of what we take in during the winter months is just dead food: food that has been killed to the point where we aren't able to enjoy the enzymes, vitamins and minerals. We do this by cooking things for long periods of time (soups, chilis and stews that cook for hours and hours on the stove).
I have a love/hate relationship with green smoothies when the weather turns cold, because let's face it, who wants to drink something cold when they are already....well, cold? :) So, on soup night, which is a must at our house, we have a nice cup to a cup and a half of green smoothie cram-packed with nutrients before we indulge in savory vegetable, lentil or quinoa soups. So far, it's working nicely and we all feel really good.

Anyway, here is the article, the detox immunity tea and the link to the Glowing Green Smoothie.

No comments: