Friday, June 10, 2011

Orange-Pine-Strawberry Smoothie

I won, I won, I won! I won again! :) I love being able to introduce kids to drinking fruits and veggies, and hearing them thank me for it. Our good friends were going out of town today, and I decided to have the kiddos over while Mom packed for the trip. Total of 10 kids running/crawling around my house, and we had a blast! At lunch, I served green smoothies, and those kids were slurping them down so fast, and didn't even want the rest of the lunch, just smoothie. :)

I mowed today. It was 96 degrees. I was bushed by the time I finished, so we had a very simple dinner. Instead of making salad for our predinner enzyme consumption pleasure, I tried this smoothie, and once again, it was slurped down, with folks asking for more more more!

8 leaves swiss chard (from my garden!!!) :)
8 leaves beet greens (from my garden!!!!)
1 T flax seed oil
juice from 2 oranges
1/2 c water

Blend blend blend, and then add:
1 1/2 cups fresh organic blueberries
1 cup frozen pineapple
fill the rest of the blender with frozen strawberries

Blend until smooth, pour, serve with a straw! :)

Enjoy!!

No comments: