Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Potato Salad

One of my summer favorites, I knew this recipe had to be adjusted to make it healthier. This is what I came up with:
Potato Salad
8 small white organic potatoes
8 small red organic potatoes
2 small sweet potatoes (mine went bad, dang it! But I'm sure it adds more fun flavor!)
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
Diced red & green organic peppers (I ran out of these, too!)
1-2 diced cucumbers
4 vertically sliced kosher dill pickles, diced
15 baby carrots, sliced
3 stalks organic celery, diced
fresh mint (to taste-about 5-7 leaves)
chives, to taste

Dressing:
6 small cloves garlic (crushed)
3 tbsp raw honey
9 tbsp apple cider vinegar
15 tbsp flaxseed oil

Boil potatoes whole in skins until they are just done. Once potatoes are done, remove from stove, drain, and chop into quarters when cooled. Combine all ingredients well in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir through. Cool completely in fridge for a few hours to allow flavors to blend. A sprinkling of paprika would add a little bit o pretty, too!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Mmmmm.. that sounds lovely! I know my girls would love this! I might try this tomorrow.