Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pesto Pasta

We have made this dish twice, in the last 2 weeks, and each time it disappears before I get a picture. I was very skeptical because of all the basil--I've never had pesto before--but it was absolutely scrumptious! This recipe originally comes from Green Smoothie Girl, but I made a few adjustments based on our tastes.

Pesto Pasta
1 1/2 lbs whole wheat pasta or gluten free pasta
1 lb spinach, lightly steamed
30-35 fresh basil leaves
6 cloves garlic
2 fresh roma tomatoes
4 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup raw walnuts
sea salt to taste
Optional: additional steamed cauliflower, broccoli and/or carrots. Mushrooms would be tasty as well!
Combine all ingredients except pasta in high power blender. Blend 2 cycles of Sauces. Toss with cooked pasta and additional vegetables, and sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese.

P.S. I have many more recipes to come, I have taken pictures, even! I will also write about Father's Day weekend, and a slip into old habits. Our tummies are still recovering, and you do NOT want to be in the same room as my 3 year old!!! Peeee-yooouuuuuuu!!!!

No comments: