Friday, August 5, 2011

Sickness

So, my little man is SICK! For the first time! (Boooo!), but I can't complain, the guy was born during flu season and this is the first time he's been sick! I decided to put my faith in some natural remedies, try it out and see if they work, and guess what? He is on the mend! This is what we did:
-Colloidal Silver, 1/2 tsp a few times a day
-garlic. Because I'm still breastfeeding I thought perhaps if I took the garlic straight, it would get to him through my milk. First I made a batch of homemade mashed potatoes. Then I took a small spoonful, and slipped a fresh, crushed garlic clove into it. I actually cut the clove in half, because I have a hard time swallowing big things.
-I have had about 16 oz of kefir for the last 2 days-again, hoping it goes into my milk for lil guy.

Anyway, little guy was up almost the whole night 2 nights ago, and at least 3 times per night for about 5 nights before that. Last night, he got up twice, but the second time was only cause he was congested. My hubby made a homemade saline solution and cleared his nasal passages, and he went right back to sleep.

He also hasn't been napping because he's been so uncomfortable, and I just went into my bedroom where he was playing, and he was passed out on the floor. :) Cute! Anywho, I think I will keep this colloidal silver on hand and keep the garlic comin. How cool is that! No trip to the doctor and NO ANTIBIOTICS! Woo Hoo!!!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That is so awesome Beck! Antibiotics are yuuuuucccckkkkk.. I think natural remedies work so much better and quicker because they actually help strengthen the immune system, antibiotics do not. So far I've been able to avoid antibiotics for both my girls by using natural remedies... woooooot! I'm definitely a fan of them too :)

bethanyp said...

Way to go with the natural route! So glad Little Lonny's getting better. Good job.